background

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

So 'tweet' of you to stop by!

There are so many different ways to do Meet the Teacher. I have compressed them down into 3 categories:

1. Choose a candy/cereal/food to go with your witty welcome note wrapping it up in some adorable baggie, buying an outfit to match your theme for the year, and having a plate of brownies or doughnuts to hype everyone up on sugar,  all to show them how glad that they came to meet you.

2. Do something half way cute but not too cute because your husband will kill you if you spend anymore money...this week.

3. Don't do much of anything besides writing Welcome to Third Grade on your really old easel that has stains on it because some kid couldn't tell the difference between a sharpie and an Expo marker.

So which one will I be....Teacher number.....2. Yep. I did do something absolutely adorable but it was quick and not too expensive. My co-teacher actually bought everything so I just need to pay her back! As you know we are doing bird theme this year and I am really excited about how my room is coming together. Meet the Teacher is Friday morning and I hope to finish everything tomorrow! My laminating came back today and I sat and cut with the Hubby for about 30 minutes while dinner was simmer away. Side note - Rachel Ray's magazine is so good. Look what I cooked tonight!


Back to Meet the Teacher. So you never know how many parents will actually show up and then you have all the kids from last year who want to stop by and hug you. It always does my heart good to see their familiar smiles and firm hugs as they go see their new teacher and I meet my new kiddos. I am hoping for a packed room and lots of hugs/handshakes/high fives. We made these ridiculously cute "nests" for our welcome note. I hope we have 100% turnout!

That is my coveted Kagan Timer in the background too! Love that thing. We put mints and rolos in the "nests". Thanks Noris!

I also key ringed my favorite Kagan strategies and have them loaded and ready on my white board. Whew. That's another thing to cross off the list. If you are wondering about my yellow and blue poster next to it - they are my 3 essentials for the first week of school from The Essential 55 by Ron Clark. He is the reason I went into teaching. If you haven't read his book and you are a teacher...seriously get on it!
Which teacher are you this year? I have been them all at one time or another!!! Leave me a comment and let me know!

Tiff


1 comment:

  1. I'll admit I did look for a new top today to wear for Friday that would help me match my new room {hangs head in shame...}

    ReplyDelete